ENLIGHT RISE (ENLIGHT Research and Innovation agenda with and for SocIety) is a project supporting the ENLIGHT network, focusing on research cooperation and early career researchers.
The objective is to become more competitive and innovative together, leveraging and synergizing our respective strengths and capitalizing on our innovation potential and partnerships with our surrounding ecosystems to jointly promote a greener, healthier, more equitable and sustainable Europe.
Project duration: 3 years (starting on September 1, 2021)
Health & Wellbeing, Climate Change, Energy & Circular Economy, Digital Revolution, Equity.
Enlight Rise key activities:
- Help in identifying partners for research projects from within the network: joint R&I support group + by the end of the project a digital matching tool.
- Seed funding to support partnerships between ENLIGHT researchers in 5 domains.
- Support in the preparation of large strategic project proposals + support kit to researchers to help them build their proposals.
- Identification of ways to connect to and share relevant digital research infrastructures.
- Establishment of a network of early career researchers (post-docs, <10 yrs. from PhD) to foster collaboration and mobility, including networking events.
- Support for collaboration with industrial partners, e.g. via workshops.
- Support for the implementation of public engagement activities and Open Science practices, via knowledge sharing and development of an ENLIGHT Open Access & Data Management starter kit for researchers.
ENLIGHT RISE project will:
- establish a longer term business model for joint R&I actions and set up a joint R&I support group,
- identify strong research synergies between ENLIGHT partners and initiate pilot projects with high innovation potential
- enable the sharing of and optimize capacity of digital research infrastructures, while benchmarking and optimizing the societal impact of digital innovation/artificial intelligence,
- reinforce cooperation and co-creation with the business sector and civil-society,
- mainstream and incentivize open science practices and public engagement,
- improve the attractiveness of researchers’ careers, and
- develop and formalize methods towards an impact-driven R&I agenda.
- ENLIGHT is a European university Network to promote equitable quality of life, sustainability and global engagement through higher education transformation. It brings together 9 comprehensive, research-intensive, new flagship universities from Europe. ENLIGHT RISE project has the same partners.
Grant Consultant / ENLIGHT RISE Project Manager
+372 5673 8425
viktoriia.biliaieva [ät] ut.ee