New in Study Regulations starting from academic year 2019/2020
Most significant changes are about taking courses during academic leave and extension of studies due to study abroad.
- As of 2019/2020, all students will have the right to attend courses during their academic leave. As usual, for taking academic leave student needs to submit an application. The university will not cancel course registrations during the academic leave, if along with the academic leave application student submits a list of courses s/he has registered for and wishes to take in a particular semester. Thus, if during the academic leave student wants to continue attending the courses s/he signed up for, the duties taken with registration (e.g. taking exams) shall remain in force.
- The students of master and doctoral level will be entitled to take academic leave already in the first semester of their studies.
- The standard period of study at UT will be extended by the number of semesters spent abroad, provided that at least 15 ECTS of the courses completed abroad are taken into account upon completing the UT curriculum. It will be no longer required to spend at least 3 months abroad to get extension, completing the courses for the value of 15 ECTS will be the only requirement for extension.
- Since students can take courses during academic leave, they can also study abroad during their academic leave. Still, it is specified that the standard period of study at UT will not be extended by the semesters studied abroad during academic leave because academic leave is not a part of the standard period of study.
- It is also specified that student is not entitled to second or resit of thesis defence when receiving a negative result due to academic fraud.
- External students cannot take more than 30 ECTS per academic year. Additional credits can only be completed for internship, final exam or for graduation thesis.
There will be some changes in the Conditions of Reimbursement of Study Costs starting from the new academic year.
In case of non-payment of tuition fee, removal from the matriculation register takes place within four weeks from the due date.
Starting from the new academic year it is allowed to participate in studies during academic leave. It is specified in the conditions that fee-paying students have to pay the tuition fee also when participating in studies during academic leave. You can read more from the Conditions of Reimbursement of Study Costs, an updated version will be available at the beginning of new academic year.
All these changes will take effect from September 2, 2019.